1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can we talk about Imus like adults?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by gingerbread, Apr 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spnited

spnited Active Member

What little respect McCain had left certainly has to dissipate with his support of Don Imus.

And maybe, 21, just maybe we can keep the "bad junk" from spilling over to here tonight.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

I did hear that Cal Ripken was supposed to be on Imus sometime this week to promote a new book but has cancelled.

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Totally agree with you, and I think it's telling that Imus' other cronies have been really quiet after McCain announced his support.

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Ginger, do you get the feeling that this picketing is going to last? And if so, does the coverage maintain its pace?

5. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

would that ruin his consecutive appearance streak?

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I think spnited made a valid point, vis-a-vis society being desensitized to words. Comments are made to shock for the sake of shock and "humor." But at what point does shock and "humor" end? Where's the proverbial line-in-the-sand?

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Typically right behind someone who wants to make a name for themselves and draw attention.

8. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

when it crosses race, gender, or age.

9. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

At this point, I'm beginning to wonder if John McCain would even win the Republican nomination for president if you conducted a straw poll of members of his own family.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

and when it is meant to denigrate a specific person/group ... such as 10 female college students who play basketball at Rutgers.

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

http://www.nypost.com/seven/04102007/news/columnists/this_is_an_ugly__old_story_columnists_phil_mushnick.htm

12. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

I had to look that one up. It made me think in the context of this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.