1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can we restart the evolution thread?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Nov 15, 2007.

1. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

The point of that last evolution vs. "intelligent design" thread was to promote this 2-hour installment of NOVA on PBS:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/id/

It's posted online now for those who missed it.

2. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Hey (very distant) cousin. If you're a believer in the theory of creationism, please answer the following two questions:

- is every human in the world related to eachother through Adam & Eve or through Noah & his family (who were the only ones to survive the 40-day flood)? Either way there was a hell of a lot of incest going on since A&E didn't have any daughters for Cain & Abel to mate with and Noah & his immediate family were the only ones to survive the flood. The book of Genesis makes no mention of God creating other humans at the time of the Garden of Eden, just Adam & Eve and their kids. Then Noah and his children were the only ones to have survived the flood.
    - Why and how did God kill the dinosaurs? Did he kill them by telling Noah to keep them off the ark or did he kill them through another method that allowed all other forms of life to survive (contrary to scientific theory)?

3. ESJ -
    I will give you the answer that they give at the Creation Museum.
    Noah brought baby dinosaurs onto the Ark.
    I am not kidding.
    ("They stamp them when they're small." -- Mrs. Concrete, discussing penguins.)

4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

If they survived the flood, why did God smite the dinosaurs later?

5. OK, that's one question too many.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Creation Museum?

That's where we should have our next SportsJournalists.com outing.

7. Chef

Chef Active Member

After reading part of the original Evolution thread.....and seeing the thread title on this, me and Amy Winehouse have the same response.

"No, no, no."

8. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Damn Chef, that's weaving three or four threads into one. Well done.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Refusing to bend?

Pot: "You, kettle, are black"

10. Chef

Chef Active Member

This is why I make millions of pennies a year.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I've highlighted the key word in your argument here.

After it begins as an educated guess, work is done to prove or disprove the guess. Once it is proven, it is no longer a guess. It is fact.

If it is proven incorrect, the scientist(s) performing the experiment do something you seem incapable of: They admit they were wrong.

12. Chef

Chef Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted