1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can we restart the evolution thread?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

What about gays and secularists?

2. Yawn

Yawn New Member

What about the name-calling?

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

priceless.

4. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Great perspective and contribution.

And I bet through those eyes that it's beach weather in the Northeast, eh?

5. Threads like this make me glad I'm Catholic. Yeah, we've got our problems. Major, major, major problems, obviously. Well-documented - through no cooperation of our own.

HOWEVER!

For the most part, the church doesn't look at science as a threat, and it's open to fresh interpretations of the Bible, particularly the Old Testament. In this way, its lessons remain relevant.

I'm sure Catholicism is far from the only denomination that has acknowledged Genesis, etc., as allegory. But it's the one I'm familiar with.

There's a reason, after all, that the Catholic church has Georgetown, Notre Dame and Boston College, while fundamentalists have places like Bob Jones and Liberty University.

Anti-intellectualism serves no one.

6. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Yeah. Notre Dame has that high quality football program. OK, at least the memories of one

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted