1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can terrorists stoop any lower?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

What amazes and frightens me about the jihadists are that the leaders talk about how honorable it is, how it's guaranteed entry to Heaven, etc., yet none of the followers ask "if that's the case, why the fuck aren't you blowing yourself up, oh great leader?"

2. Not to be indelicate, but was there enough left of these two women to know that they had Down syndrome? There aren't any quotes from anyone on the scene that I can find, and the conclusion is coming from the Iraqi military.
    cran -- I think SNL once did a skit with Will Ferrell as OBL that touched on that very point.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

They are killing innocent people. Without a shred of remorse.

There is no sliding scale of low . . . lower . . . lowest.

4. I like when people comment on this either way... you know, since they are there and everything.

5. Glad I could make your afternoon.
    No, seriously.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Well, it doesn't hurt to be skeptical, especially since the story says that the bombs were set by remote control at the top and later says one of the women blew herself up as people crowded around her.

7. markvid

markvid Guest

Possibly the girl's families? I'd have to think that they had families that know now they are dead, no?

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Well, if the information is incorrect, that must make all the difference, in Fenian World. If it's two "normal" women committing a suicide bombing then it's no big deal.

9. markvid

markvid Guest

Also, FB, this from an AP story:

Police initially said the bomb at al-Ghazl market was hidden in a box of birds but realised it was a suicide attack after finding the woman's head, an officer said.

Also, this:
    Women in Iraq often wear abayas, the black Islamic robe, and avoid thorough searches at checkpoints because men are not allowed to touch them and there are too few female police.

Then guess what? Time to start screenings, metal detectors, etc.
    If it offends the Muslims? Too bad. Work at getting rid of the cancer among your own.

10. markvid

markvid Guest

And I'll tell you what, too - if they ever detain who is responsible for this, females should be made to humiliate them. Make them wash their genitals (which is forbidden), do everything possible that is against the Muslim religion, because these scum are hiding behind it to do all of this.
    I'm also in favor of forbidding them in prison to possess a Koran or pray.
    Each time you face Mecca to pray, you get punched.

11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

So, has Fox given up on the phrase "homicide bomber"?

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Wait a minute.. Muslims don't wash their genitals?

This changes everything...

Draft saved Draft deleted