1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can someone explain this to me?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Rhody31, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

I posted about it a few weeks ago, but I'm trying to put together a statewide high school football poll in my state (not hard to guess which one) because we don't have an AP service and there is no other poll.
    My only rule is someone from your organization has to vote for you to get the results. I'm sure people are going to take results off web sites, but whatever. The poll is first published on my paper's web site, then will be sent out and broadcast on a local TV show about high school sports.
    One of the news stations does not want to participate because they won't get to broadcast it first. I'm sending it when I can and it works out that it will be shown on the local show, which broadcasts at 7 p.m. Mondays.
    This same news station has BCS results on their 11 p.m. newscast in the fall.
    So how does this make any sense at all?

2. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

The news stations around here are evil, and blatantly lie to reporters and police officials to get access to scenes ... I mean, I don't know.

Draft saved Draft deleted