1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can anyone remember...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by FireJimTressel.com, Jan 3, 2007.

1. ...the last time any columnist hammered a coach or player as badly as Dan Le Batard did today?

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/16374957.htm

The punctuation on the Nick Saban Error is greasy and greedy. You know what he was as Dolphins coach? A failure. A loser. A gasbag. And one of the worst investments Dolphins owner Wayne Huizenga has ever made. He was less of a success than Dave Wannstedt and more of a traitor than Ricky Williams. There has been very little in franchise history that came with more expectations and fewer results than this hypocrite who at the end avoided the hard questions one last time.

Talk like a warrior. Behave like a weasel.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

To be honest, I always think it's chickenshit to dump on the guy while he is headed out the door. Think he's a slimeball? Say it while he is there.

Now if Le Batard did that, fine.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Actually, there's not another thread dedicated to this one specific column. So technically, while it's been on the board on another thread, it's not a DB.

5. Proof I don't get on here as much as everybody else.
    More proof, I don't even know what "DB" stands for (though, I do know it means somebody else already posted this).

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'm with Oz. Has to be a whole thread to be a DB.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

It was on the "who next for bama" or "who be next for dolphins" thread.

8. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

DB-- Deeper Background .... I know I'm DBing this.

9. And, the purpose of the thread was to see if there have been other columns that ripped someone as badly as Mr. Le Batarad's.

10. BitterYoungMatador2

This was almost a DB!!!!!!! except that it wasn't!!!!!!!!!!!

That better? ;D

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Nice...
    and when there's a whole thread devoted to topic A, a new post just a couple of spots a way qualifies as a DB...

But yeah, nice to see one of our favorite whipping boys get his claws out...

12. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Hell, Mariotti doesn't wait until a coach is gone to rip him. He'll rip the coach at any point in his Chicago coaching career.

Draft saved Draft deleted