1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Campbell vs. Portis. Campbell wins. Big.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JackReacher, Jan 6, 2010.

1. verbalkint

verbalkint Member

Mulva?

2. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

I don't understand how someone gets to the stage Portis is at, being in the NFL, and NEEDS someone else to display outright cries of leadership in order to get him started.

3. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Delores

4. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Say what you will about his QB skills, but Campbell certainly seems like a stand-up guy.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Exactly. I'll take a team full of Jason Campbells before I take a team full of Clinton Portiseseses.

I'll type it again just because it's so damn funny..."I got at least five good years left in me."

6. cortez

cortez Member

Peter King stated on PTI the belief that Shanny would keep Portis and part ways with Campbell.
    I believe he'll do the opposite

7. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Fixed.

8. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

You don't want to win anything?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  9. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Being a stand up guy means nothing -- at least in terms of quarterback play -- if a player, like Campbell, doesn't have the talent level to become a good player at that position. Campbell defines mediocrity and as long as he is the QB, so will the Redskins.

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

You don't know how much talent he really has. He's been surrounded by practically none.

How many different offenses has he had to learn already?

11. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Campbell has a subpar delivery. Reminds me of Leftwich. But, I think he could succeed with better coaching and a decent offensive line. I like him. I used to ridicule him. I want him to succeed, I really do. He's had a rough couple of years, and he deserves better. Maybe he's not a great quarterback, but the Redskins woes are not on him. He is due another chance.

Edit: And Shanahan sort of threw Portis under the bus (deservedly so) at his presser today. Good.

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted