1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Calling when ad says "no calls please"

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by ogre, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Personally, I have the Plain-Dealer on speed dial. But they have call block. So I have to change my number every couple months.

Hey, gandhi, what are you doing these days anyway? Finding homes for Michael Vick's pit bulls?

2. Might be the single best line I've read on this site...what a good laugh. I've got to use this one with my peers

3. healingman

healingman Guest

Hang up and drive ... :)

4. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

So, to the editors who say they don't use "No calls please," would you just as soon prefer an e-mail anyway? Or are you guys fine with calls?

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Amazing! Journalism is the ONLY INDUSTRY which puts out no-call ads. No wonder BLOGS!!! are taking over.

7. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I'd call and say I was someone else. That way you could eliminate the other guys you knew were trying to get the job.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Honest to God, seven pages of this.

If you want a job, any job, follow the instructions that come with the job posting. If it says no calls, it means no calls.

I could have saved us so much time...

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

but then we wouldn't have learned what was wrong with journalism.

10. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

or learning that some of us are arrogant for daring to say "no calls" and mean it. but gandhi has shown us the error of our ways.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

for a stringer, he's pretty damned smart.

Draft saved Draft deleted