1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Calling all Canucks!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SoSueMe, Nov 30, 2006.

1. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

I do have Native Canadian in my blood, but I'm not sure it's enough to make a difference. And, I don't want to play that card, as badly as I want to play that card. But, you're right. I should research. Where to begin!?

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

Check the birthplaces of your parents, grandparents and great-grandparents. If even one of them was born in the United States, you might have a shot. PM me if this is the case and I'll try to help.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out. :)

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Turn the channel.

Look, the "free market" argument is meaningless.

Countries have set up tariffs and duties to protect their own industries since the dawn of time.

The arts is an industry as much as textiles, lumber or steel and part of the role of any government is to protect those industries to promote a healthy domestic economy. And it can either be through duties or it could be programs and subsidies to help them develop and grow.

5. Flash

Flash Guest

Yes, but it isn't HDTV that has made the other 20 hours of air time completely irrelevant to the general populous.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Sorry, Flash, what's your point? That CBC is irrelevant? As opposed to what, Global?

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

Sucks that Global has just axed the remains of its sports department. However, from what I've been told about Jim Tatti, the staff wouldn't have been unhappy to see the last of him when he was jettisoned a few months ago.

Draft saved Draft deleted