1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Calista Flockhart to play Coulter-like character

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John, Jul 24, 2006.

1. John

John Well-Known Member

From a physical perspective, the casting is perfect.

'Ally McBeal' Star to Play Conservative Pundit in New TV Series

By E&P Staff
    Published: July 24, 2006 11:55 AM ET

NEW YORK -- ABC reportedly has huge hopes for a new series to air this fall called "Brothers & Sisters," which will follow the hit "Desperate Housewives" on the schedule. Calista Flockhart, best known as Ally McBeal, plays a conservative radio host turned TV pundit. Others in the high-powered cast include Patricia Wettig, Rachel Griffiths, Ron Rifkin and Sally Field.

Flockhart recently explained, "I really want to go back to work. It just seemed like the perfect time and the perfect project."

Asked to describe the pundit, producer Ken Olin (formerly a star of “Thirty Something’) said, "She's not Ann Coulter. She's not insane."

Writer Jon Robin Baitz added, "No, I think she's a thoughtful conservative. She's ideologically, in some respects, very much in mind with the older parts of the party, the sort of Eisenhower Republican, the William Buckley conservative. She's also a humanist.

"She's not someone who is apologetic about being a conservative. But it's very, very interesting and compelling to us to try and understand this, to leave behind some of the smug presuppositions of the two coasts, . . . to look at evolving patriotism and evolving traditionalism," he said, according to an article by Dave Walker of New Orleans’ Times-Picayune.

"For years and years, the left has looked at the right in complete incomprehension and felt, 'We just can't connect.' And maybe there's an effort in the show to try and bridge that in some way.”

Sally Field plays Flockhart’s mother.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

She'll still need to put on a few pounds and grow an Adam's apple.

3. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

And wear contacts to give her the eyes of a crazy person. You know if you cheated on Ann Coulter, she would set your car on fire...

4. Armchair_QB

God that's a horrible thing to say. If you're cheating on her that means you've actually had sex with her.

Don't ever say something like that again...

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Wait. Calista Flockhart is still alive?

Bygones.

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Many a board member has maintained that they'd like to get Coulter in bed, simply to give her one of those grudge screws.

7. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Personally, I'm fond of hopping into bed with women I like or who I find sexually attractive...Ms. Coulter is in neither category.

8. Armchair_QB

Yes. But she can't be seen by the naked eye alone. That's probably why you're confused.

9. Armchair_QB

I'd rather grudge fuck Bea Arthur.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And other male parts

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Good point. Don't you wish Neifi Perez was the same way?

12. Armchair_QB

Fuck that guy. He should be shining shoes in Santo Domingo.

Draft saved Draft deleted