1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

California HS football championships

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Claws for Concern, Dec 17, 2006.

1. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

California held its first state high school football championships in 79 years today. Games were played at Home Depot Center in Carson, Calif. It was a complete sweep for Southern California schools.

The final scores are:

Div. III: Oaks Christian 27, Cardinal Newman 20, OT
    Div. II: Orange Lutheran 42, Palo Alto 28
    Div. I: Canyon Country Canyon 27, Concord De La Salle 13

The Division I result is an upset as De La Salle was ranked No. 1 overall

2. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Enough said about that bogus 150-game win streak....

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I think Rush Limbaugh sucks donkey dicks, but that deserves a "Ditto" if anything does.

4. Claws for Concern

you mean the 151-game streak that ended two years ago? Let's get current here.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Oh, we're current. If Cali had played to a state championship through the 90s, De La Salle probably ends its streak in the 60s or 70s. No way in hell they win 15 state titles in a row in the top classification.

6. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

someone has a brain.

exactly.

7. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Send me a bag... seedless.

8. Claws for Concern

I agree with your point and, of course, the streak would have ended a long time ago. However, don't go thinking DLS just beat lowly competition. DLS coach tried to schedule tough games. I'm not sure how many out-of-state teams he scheduled, but I don't think he ducked the good ones in SoCal. Played Long Beach Poly and Mater Dei and Mission Viejo a few times in order to provide his teams with some of the top competition around. I remember hearing him say that he would purposely schedule the tough ones because he hoped that if the team lost the long streak that it would allow him to see just how his players would respond.

Blame CIF State for not having a state finals format years ago.

Draft saved Draft deleted