1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cal Thomas Decides Torture Is Moral After Watching "24"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Except, I'm not really being too hyperbolic on this either. Moral relativity is something the righteous are supposed to be against I thought? No wonder it's so dark outside here all the time.

http://newsweek.washingtonpost.com/onfaith/cal_thomas/2007/11/torturing_ourselves_to_death.html

2. See Dershowitz thread for more fun.

3. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Who better than a man using Shinola on his eyebrows to give us moral instruction?

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I thought Cal got all his inspiration from the Bible. Guess God wasn't as clear on torture, though Job may beg to differ.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Is he running for office?

Has Pat Robertson endorsed him?

Alice in Wonderland time.

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Yup, Cal Thomas and Alan Derschowitz are intellectual lightweights when compared to the likes of Fenian.They couldn't possibly have an informed opinion.

7. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

I'll bet Chertoff hosts regular "24" watching parties during the season.

Don't forget to bring the freedom fries, Dick!

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Can someone older than me explain when Thomas was relevant? Was he ever relevant? His columns read like they originally ran next to a Walter Winchell gossip column from the early 50s.

9. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Sorry, o_t, Cal's position is morally and intellectually incoherent on its own merits.

10. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Given the subject, the snarkiness and the use of Times-inspired headline capitalization rules, I would have bet every nickel I own (all four of them) that Fenian would have started this thread.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I think all the Grecian Formula for Eyebrows fumes have gone to Cal's head.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

No, but they could have an uniformed opinion--which they do.

Draft saved Draft deleted