1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

C3PO, why?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, May 31, 2010.

1. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Now I have a default answer for the "why do you work in journalism?" question ...

Random family member: You work all the time, you make no money and never see us anymore. Why in the world did you major in journalism?

Me: I was an Ewok for Halloween 1984.

(Awesome stuff, Bubbler)

2. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

So. . . 30 some years after the movies come out, what made it important to bring this topic up today?

Just asking?

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

No need to flame. You're just wrong and every sane person who has seen those movies knows it.

4. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Um, I'm also a Star Wars fan... :)

5. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

There is that infamous Topps card from the 1970s.
    http://www.snopes.com/movies/films/c3po.asp

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Don't mind the newbie. It was just his first post. :)

7. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

If I am ever famous enough to warrant a biographer I will hope that Bubbler is available.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Originals don't have Jar Jar. 'Nuff said.

9. schiezainc

Jar Jar Binks sucks balls. No doubt about that.

But, pound-for-pound, the Prequels are a better story. They're about the corruption of a good person and the downfall of a democracy and, apart from some shitty dialogue, are actually a much needed addition to the series.

The Originals, while classics, were miles ahead of anything in their time but, let's face it, half the reason people hold them in such high regard is because of what the movies meant to their childhood.

I recently tore through the Prequels in the span of two days and tried to watch the Originals. Big difference. Maybe it's a generational thing but I just don't get why people like them so much.

Luke Skywalker is a crybaby bitch, Chewbacca is a useless douche, Vader is nowhere near as cool in the originals as the prequels and while Han Solo is awesome, the amount of wasted screen time and plot holes in the originals make me scratch my head.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

WTF!

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Hayden Christiansen is worse than Jar-Jar Binks. Other than the last one, the prequels blow.

12. schiezainc

Take out the shitty dialogue and he was fine.

And it's funny you liked the third one the best. While I agree, it's the one with, by far, the worst dialogue of just about any mainstream movie this century.

Anakin: "YOU TURNED HER AGAINST ME!"

Padme: "Anakin, you're breaking my heart!"

And don't forget the whole Padme looks loved because she is loved by love statement. Still baffles me that no one read the script and told George Lucas "WTF?"

Draft saved Draft deleted