1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bye, bye, Boondocks

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TheSportsPredictor, Sep 25, 2006.

1. leo1

leo1 Active Member

at least i still have the wacky exploits of beetle baily, sarge and the gang. poor beatle, always getting stomped by sarge.

and dagwood is always up to something crazy. damn mailman, always getting in his way and reading his mail.

i like hagar, too. he's a real man's man. i'm surprised he's put up with lucky eddie for so long. eddie must be a good first mate or maybe hagar just pities the kid.

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

Beetle Bailey hasn't been the same since the general had to take sensitivity training because people objected to him always eyeballing the hottie in his office. Gimme a fucking break, folks, it's a comic strip.

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Best current comic strips:
    Opus
    Get Fuzzy
    Foxtrot
    Zits
    Funky Winkerbean

4. leo1

leo1 Active Member

things never go right for general amos t. halftrack. but i don't blame him for ogling ms. buxley. that ass and her rack are a sight! besides, his wife is such a bitch.

5. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

To Milhouse's parents
    Homer: Do you know what you two need, you need a little comic strip called "Love is..." It's about two naked eight-year-olds who are married.

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

FBOFW can suck it. Okay, it was a fine, fine strip at one point, and the Farley dies a hero series may be the best thing a strip comic will ever do. But the last few years have been heavy-handed and cloyingly self-righteous (everyone in the Patterson clan is pure as Yukon Territory snow, all outsiders are caricaturized Satan-humpers). I am curious to see how they end it, though; I fear the last frame will everyone being perfect with the last frame showing the mom having her 6,000th heat flash.

And you want to know how you can hate FBOFW? Here's how:
    [​IMG]

(where's the throw-up smiley?)

7. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

That grossly flowery Sunday strip was just setting us up for the blow to the spleen it delivered today. For those who want to know (don't read below if you d'wanna know):

Looks like Grandpa Jim is petting Farley as we speak.

8. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

Actually, it sounds like things aren't quite so certain: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/09/25/AR2006092501391.html

"Although Aaron McGruder has made no statement about retiring or resuming The Boondocks for print newspapers . . . newspapers should not count on it coming back in the foreseeable future," Universal's president, Lee Salem, said in the release. "Numerous attempts . . . to pin McGruder down on a date that the strip would be coming back were unsuccessful."

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

So THAT'S why ol' Lizard-breath said they were rich. She doctored Grandpa's will and poisoned him. She should have just said that in the first place.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The comic was the best around... The cartoon fucking blows... I was so disappointed...

11. Clubber_Slang

Clubber_Slang Active Member

At least there's always Perry Bible Fellowship:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

FBOFW is very close to being wrapped up. It'll be over and done with, within a year.

Draft saved Draft deleted