1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

By request ... The unofficial Arkansas Meltdown thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Apr 6, 2007.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Nice, Chuck. Too bad none of these people has a sense of humor anymore.

2. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Like, whatever.

3. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

It's all good spnited.

4. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I apologize for not using the blue font. I would rather not battle northern aggression tonight. I was kidding.

5. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

When it be time to lead 'em to the slaughterhouse.

Yo, Frank, you're 82 years old. You've got enough money to buy an island in the Caribbean. You did help raise funds, to build the House that Wal-Mart Screwed People Over For/Built, had some success, couldn't handle a burgeoning soap opera in the football office, listened to the natives get restless and fumble the basketball coaching search inside the 5.

Stop and smell the roses, the petunias, the lilacs, your entire Easter ensemble. Maybe it'll warm up a little today, in the Ozarks, or Augusta, or St. Croix, wherever the hell you are. Hang out. Play 18. Have a coupla cold ones and then find the best steakhouse in town. Rub elbows with the rich and famous. Get a drink w/ one of those little umbrellas in it. Lounge in the hammock. Ride a moped.

Try to chill the fuck out. Hell, kick your grandkids' ass in shuffleboard if you must.

Somehow I think when Frank ain't sleeping, or if he tosses and turns in the night, the scoreboard of the December fog in Fayetteville, 1969, flashes:

"Shorthorns 15, Porkers 14."

Ya still had a helluva run, Coach Broyles. Give somebody else a chance. And yeah, I'll do it. I always wanted to experience a puppet regime from the inside. Besides, I need the bread.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Well said!

7. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Well, this is Jesus' day, you know.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

It is... and it helps that Frank Broyles knew Methuselah personally

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Knew him? Hell, he recruited Methuselah. He was a hell of a split back in the old single wing.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Musta been a helluva team... Methuselah, spnited, casty.....

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Moses was a big disappointment. Everybody thought he'd be be able to split defenses like the Red Sea. Sumbitch couldn't block at all.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And give me a flea wideout like David instead of those big sumbishes like Goliath anyday.. too clumsy...

Draft saved Draft deleted