1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Buyout details, severance packages

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Mizzougrad96, Jul 16, 2008.

1. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Would it be some kind of 'Mystery Meat?'

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Tribune paper: two weeks per year worked, one-year medical.

3. Hey Mizzou,

I think that NYT paper you're talking about had the buyouts done by Gatehouse, hence the unbelievable cheapness.

4. Mizzougrad96

Possibly. 100,000ish circ in Florida?

5. Mizzougrad96

Tribune Co. buyout - Two weeks per year worked capped at one year's salary, one year medical benefits.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It's actually a copy paper box. Whatever you can fit in it from your own desk in five minutes or less, you can keep.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Of course. Silly me. Why would I think JRC would want to give a fired employee something that he can also use to live in?

8. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

I think the buyout at our paper was pretty good. From memory, 4 weeks a year to a max of 78 weeks.
    Medical benefits not really an issue here.

9. Mizzougrad96

Are you hiring?

10. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

You keep saying that, and people keep posting the MediaNews package, which is lower: six weeks max, regardless of whether you worked 3 years or 30.

I don't know why you keep harping on Tampa as if it's the be-all, end-all, of shitty deals. I repeat: Nobody's getting fucked any better or worse than anyone else. We all are.

11. Mizzougrad96

12. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

No, I posted about the MediaNews package when you made the same claim in the Tampa thread. In response to your post, specifically.

Because you keep claiming, although you'll never come out and say it, that people YOU know are getting fucked worse than others. Dipshit.

I don't want to make this personal, but if you keep ignoring that everybody else is getting fucked, too, I'll keep pointing it out.

A LOT of people are getting fucked right now. We're ALL getting it worse. Tampa's just one of many, unfortunately. That's all I'm saying.

Draft saved Draft deleted