1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

But it hurts, your honour

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flash, Aug 24, 2007.

1. Flash

Flash Guest

I gather jail time would be less painful?

http://us.rd.yahoo.com/dailynews/rss/topstories/*http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070824/ap_on_re_us/astronaut_arrested

ORLANDO, Fla. - Former astronaut Lisa Nowak, accused of attacking a romantic rival, asked a judge Friday to let her remove her electronic monitoring ankle bracelet, saying that it cuts her ankle and gets in the way of her military boot laces.

Nowak promised to abide by all court orders if the GPS monitoring device is removed, including not having any contact with Air Force Capt. Colleen Shipman, the woman she is accused of pepper spraying in an airport parking lot.

Shipman's attorney fought the request.

On the witness stand, Shipman told the judge she is still afraid of Nowak.

"When I'm home alone and there's nobody there with me, it is a comfort," she said of the Nowak's monitoring bracelet. She also acknowledged, however, that she had visited her boyfriend in Nowak's hometown of Houston several times since Nowak's arrest. She didn't say if that boyfriend was the same shuttle pilot.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

On the other hand, Army boots and an ankle bracelet is a good look.

3. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I still prefer Lindsey's bikini and monitoring bracelet look.

The judge's response to Ms Nowak should have been, "Well, you could mix in a salad now and again. Or go to a Tang only diet."

4. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Dang!

I though that this thread might be about boots' old girlfriend taking him to "People's Court."

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It would be worth it just to see the smirk on Doug Llewellan's face.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

It's spelled h-o-n-o-r

7. Flash

Flash Guest

Shuddit. No, it is not.

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I'm surprised you did not go with a rancourous off-colour remark. Way to keep things centred, Flasher.

9. Flash

Flash Guest

Been drinkin'. It mellows me.

10. rpmmutant

rpmmutant Member

We're not in Britain. It's honor in this country. Hizzonor is some part of New York still, as I understand it.

11. Flash

Flash Guest

Yeah, but I'm up here ... looking down on you ... muahahahahaha ...

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

when will the freakin' rookies ever learn, flash?

Draft saved Draft deleted