1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Busts

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Beef03, Aug 19, 2006.

1. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

As the NFL's regular season approaches, just wondering who you think will be the biuggest bust of this year's draft.

2. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Mario Williams, simply because he'll never be able to live up to the hype.

3. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

My one thought is Leinart because he has missed almost all of camp, however, if there ever was a situation built for a young QB to succeed interms of having weapons, it is Arizona

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Man, I thought this was about ,... ya know... busts...

5. Norman Stansfield

I thought about Leinart too.

Based on how fragile Warner has been over his career, there's little doubt Leinart will get a chance to play this season. Missing such a big portion of training camp as a rookie -- especially at QB -- will definitely make it a challenge for him to deliver.

6. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

sorry to disappoint

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Two of the all-time biggest and best busts:

Whoops. It was the photo of Sohia Loren looking down Jayne Mansfield's reather low-cut dress. Don't know what happened.

8. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Isn't the Vikings' first-round pick already done for the season? It's not a bust, mind you, but I'd heard they wanted Greenway to fill a starting role.

9. Norman Stansfield

Yeah, but I think it's hard to call the guy a bust when he got hurt.

Let's say his season is a bust. And it couldn't have happened to a nicer team.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

One thought about Leinart — he's might be better off on the bench as much as possible until Arizona improves that line.
    Obviously, Arizona's receivers are good, but Leinart's going to need a consistently quicker release than he ever needed at USC.
    And I don't think Leinart likes getting hit.
    Obviously, nobody likes getting hit, but I don't think Leinart handles it well.

11. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Let's say his season is a bust. And it couldn't have happened to a nicer team.
    [/quote]

Packers fan? Bears fan? Lions fan? Moron?

12. Norman Stansfield

Packers fan? Bears fan? Lions fan? Moron?
    [/quote]

Moron.

Actually, I've just never liked the Vikings. All the trouble they've had over the past few seasons has only reinforced my belief they're a bunch of thugs.

Childress is also a prick, according to a few of my trusted colleagues who've dealt with him in the past.

Draft saved Draft deleted