1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Buster Olney's blog?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 85bears, Oct 26, 2006.

1. 85bears

85bears Member

I've heard some talk on here about it, but I've never read it because I'm not an "Insider." Worth the price? Apparently Olney links to various baseball stories around the country, etc., etc.?

And he seems to be pretty much the most informed baseball writer out there, right?

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I read Buster's stuff regularly and it's very good, although I tend to disagree with him quite a bit on his opinion stuff. His links can be helpful but ESPN Inside also provides ESPN Local, which gives you links from every market in each of the major professional sports.

3. BG

BG Member

It's a pretty regular read for me. Whenever I think about dropping my Insider subscription the Olney and Gammons stuff is what stops me.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Second that.

5. Big_Space

Big_Space Member

Olney is very good.

actually I like a lot of the Insider stuff. Lots of decent blogs and columnists.

the above mentioned Gammons, Len Pasquarelli, Rob Neyer, Ivan Maisel are all worth the price imo

6. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

If Buster has something really good, is he going to save it for the blog?

Draft saved Draft deleted