1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Buster Olney: Mitchell's report to name names

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by The Big Ragu, Oct 12, 2007.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3060689&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

According to the story, in the conference call today, teams were warned that names will be named, including high-profile players. Teams won't have the opportunity to review the report until after it is made public. This could be interesting. It's probably going to be released sometime between the WS and the new year.

2. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

You know that it won't be released until after the World Series since MLB controls its release. And they also won't release it at a time when it might detract from the announcement of a postseason award. Of course, it could always be leaked.

3. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

You on list! You named names!

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

And I really liked the food from Hop Sing's, too.

5. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Posts like the last two is what keeps me coming back to this place. Nice work!

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Thanks. No thread should be without a Seinfeld reference. Period.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

It'll get released after 5 on a Friday afternoon.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I'll be damned. Bud Selig works for the AHSAA too.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

It's got to be years since I've seen Office Space, b/c I had no idea McGinley was in it.

10. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

This is bad news for the MLB. Multiple names including high profile players? Uh-oh

11. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Oh please, everyone knows it will be nothing but a bunch or Orioles. How high profile are they, really?

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Aside from confessions, how exactly is Mitchell going to name names in this report which has no legal standing? Player A said he saw played B do this without corroboration puts Mitchell and MLB in instant-litigation land.

Draft saved Draft deleted