1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BusinessWeek's Sports Power 100

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ondeadline, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

That list is a FRAUD! since Lucas Wiseman didn't make it.

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

He's certainly more influential that the WNBA president.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

They're frighteningly even in some markets. And I'm an ACC guy myself.

FOTF, once again ... Game. Set. Match. How is Bernie Ecclestone only No. 57? Oh yeah ... the Americans don't think much of Formula 1. Ameri-centric also explains Brian France at No. 6.

4. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

[blue]Does this mean that Roger Goodell is more now than Tiger Woods?

5. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Dear Departed Mr Mills 51,

I say that and I have no big interest in F1. But I don't have to get it to see that it's bigger in the world theatre than these editors believe.

YHS, etc

6. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

FotF: I keep looking for Oscar de la Hoya in the Top 100. Is he not there? Who the hell did this list?

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Nobody is counted twice. I'm assuming Peter King had no hand in compiling this.

8. friend of the friendless

Mr Nafelson,

WNBA @ the century mark. Boxing zilch. Boxing might be ailing, on the critical list, whatever, but so long as it has any pulse there has to be some representation. Not as many meaningful fights, sure, but at least them that do make money. (I suppose HBO execs would qualify.)

YHS, etc

9. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

No. Does the Big Ten?

10. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

When the WNBA grosses 60 mil for the season much less 36 minutes of ring work like Oscar did in May, than maybe...

That's ridiculous. One boxing match created about a 100 million in revenue and purses and neither man gets a sniff. Oscar owns his own promotion, just bought Ring Magazine and is making ridiculous cash.

11. friend of the friendless

Mr Nafelson,

Just as the WNBA is pulled up by the last three letters of the acronym, OdlH is dragged down by boxing's perceived malaise (not that it's a fiction, just over-stated, a cyclical phenomenon, i.e. Boxing is dead. Again.).

YHS, etc

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

De La Hoya should be on before the WNBA commish. And Dana White, president of the UFC, should be on before anybody from the WNBA as well.

Draft saved Draft deleted