1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bushes christen new Embassy by puking, blacking out

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Lamar Mundane, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

Well, maybe not so much. But, the Decider and Daddy did gladhand with the Commies a day after Jr. blasted the Reds for freedom violations and the day before he won't insult the great leader by boycotting the opening ceremonies.

Got to remain committed to your principles.

"America will continue to support China on the path toward a free economy," Bush added.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/08/07/bush.china.olympics/index.html

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Worst. Thread. Title. Ever.

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Thread titles like this make it hard to be left-leaning on this board.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Dude, no offense, but nothing makes it hard to be left-leaning on this board.

5. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

What actually made you want to make this title? It has nothing to do with the story. Sorry If I'm beating a dead horse.

6. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

You may be right. I think I meant thread titles like this make rational discussion on this board hard.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

As one who criticized Bush for accepting the invite since it makes our country look weak, and the myriad reasons to stay away (like there's a war on), I thought he did a good job calling out the ChiComs. I was wondering if they would revoke his invitation or at least give him crummy seats to the opening ceremony.

8. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

Certainly, peer pressure is quite an encourager.

9. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

And if he hadn't gone, the meme would be that he had foolishly passed up an opportunity to "constructively engage" with the Chinese.

Honestly, for all the harping on the left about the stupidity of those that disagree with them, the last seven years has made the progressive wing terribly soft in the head.

10. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Idiot thread.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

He's the first U.S. President to attend an Olympics on foreign soil, that includes the Games in Montreal in '76 and Mexico City in '68. Does anyone really think Bush would be going to China if they didn't have us by the short-ones?
    Bush is in China for the same reason you attend your boss's holiday party.

Draft saved Draft deleted