1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bush

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Jul 6, 2006.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Re-elected?

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Okay, selected then elected.

3. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

About a year ago, Clinton was on NPR pushing his autobiography, taking call in questions. And he was knocking everything out of the park...I mean, you know, he knows about economic reforms in Indonesia, all that stuff. What they hell you think W. will do when he's out of office. What, someone will give him a company to run into the ground?
    I don't think W is as stupid as people think he is, the problem is, he's not curious. He's just a spoiled fratboy.

4. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

Technically speaking, Songbird.

I've got my suspicions about what happened in Ohio.

You're right, Tyler.

Incurious applies.

It's my understanding that this man, a man of considerable means, had traveled abroad just once before becoming The Guv in Texas.

No wonder he flops around like he's got "Gov" on the back of his sport coat, a la Mel Brooks in "Blazing Saddles."

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

The George W. Bush Library will be a tiny place. With no newspapers.

6. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Intellectual incuriosity is an unforgivable sin. You don't need a silver spoon, you don't need money, you don't need anything but a desire to expand your mind, and your world, to expand your scope of knowledge.

I have very little respect for anyone without that trait.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

JR why don't you move this post to an All Fredo thread. Its getting teedious when these threads continue to mushroom

8. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

No, this is Parliament:

[​IMG]

9. markvid

markvid Guest

For those who wondered abot the Ken Lay reference - yep, he said it! (from CNN's web site)

KING: The death of Ken Lay.

G. BUSH: Yes, yes.

KING: I know he was your friend. How do you feel? Were you shocked?

G. BUSH: I was. I was really surprised. You know, my hope is that his heart was right with the Lord and I feel real sorry for his wife. She's had a rough go and she's now here on Earth to bear the burdens of losing her husband, a man she loved.

KING: Was that whole thing, the whole Enron story shocking to you?

G. BUSH: Yes, yes.

KING: Because, I mean, you knew him pretty well from Texas, right?

G. BUSH: Pretty well, pretty well, I knew him. I got to know him. People don't believe this, but he actually supported Ann Richards in the '94 campaign.

KING: She told me that.

G. BUSH: She did?

KING: She liked him a lot.

G. BUSH: Yes, he's a good guy. And so what I then did was we had a business council and I kept him on as the chairman of the business council and, you know, got to know him and got to see him in action. One of the things I respected him for was he was such a contributor to Houston's civil society. He was a generous person. I'm disappointed that he betrayed the trust of shareholders, but...

KING: Do you know him well, Mrs. Bush?

L. BUSH: Not really. Not really well.

KING: Did you know his wife?

L. BUSH: But I did know him. And I know Linda and I'm sorry for her.

KING: Do you have contact with her?

L. BUSH: I haven't.

G. BUSH: I haven't yet. I'm going to write her a letter at some point in time.

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Laura Bush is a fucking robot. Made of human hands.

11. dog428

dog428 Active Member

The only thing I kept thinking through this ... whatever the hell it was: How does this guy not fall down more?

Honestly, for everyone who has defended this jackoff, for everyone who voted for him, for anyone who slapped one of those W stickers on their car, ladies and gentlemen, this is your president.

Congratulations.

12. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Ohhhh, that bush.

Carry on.

Draft saved Draft deleted