1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bush

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Jul 6, 2006.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Sigh. He's doing it again: sounding like a baboon on Larry King.

Just once. Just once I wish he could speak. Eloquently. Just once.

BTW, I think he's looking at monitors when he can't find the right way to answer a question.

Sigh.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

What, you mean our president is borderline mentally handicapped? get out.

Every time I see that commercial for the movie "Word Play," which stars, among other intelligent crossword puzzle lovers, Bill Clinton and Bob Dole, I wonder if Bush will star in "Jumble For Kids."

3. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I watched his joint press conference this morning with the Canadian Prime Minister. The prime minister had to say everything in French and then in English and he was SO eloquent. When Bush spoke, it sounded like a train of thought speech. He would say one thing and then it was obvious his mind would travel elsewhere and he'd say that without really thinking about what he was saying. Not to mention the "uh"s and "umm"s inserted between each word.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The MSM won't admit it, but anyone with ten minutes' worth of training in the topic will tell you Bush is dyslexic; meanwhile, anyone who has had the misfortune of living with an alcoholic and former heavy drug user can point out how Bush's tics, speech patterns and his inability to maintain a distinct train of thought are hallmark traits.

5. Songbird

I agree. I've done my share of herb, hooch, snorting/smoking and my brain doesn't function properly at times. So I understand that is part of his downfall. That's my only sympathy for him, however.

6. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Not a fair comparison. Our Prime Minister is a Muppet. :D

7. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Borrowing this for a minute, SC. :-* Unfortunately, it's appropriate here, too.

[​IMG]

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yes but you're not leading the free world into hell.

9. markvid

markvid Guest

Is this Parliament?

[​IMG]

10. Songbird

My point exactly.

I miss the days when Bubba spoke. He knew how to command a room.

11. Jeff Gluck

Jeff Gluck Member

I think I just heard him say of Kenneth Lay, "He's a good guy." :eek:

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I really like this one too, but the hero one is just so perfect most of the time.

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted