1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bush comes out strong against Congress "fishing expedition"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KnuteRockne, Mar 20, 2007.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Bill Clinton didn't do anything illegal with Monica. It was the lying that got him in trouble. I think there's a growing belief that Rove, Bush and others might be incapable of telling the trouble under oath. And therein lies the crime (or potential for it).

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Understood, although I'm a little leery of wasting valuable time on hearings where the only end goal is perjury. The White House looks pretty bad right now -- offering to speak only in private and not under oath with no transcript was a very bad move. We know what happened -- they wanted to replace qualified people who wouldn't further their agenda. I'm interested in this stuff, but I'm not sure if the American public as a whole will care about this any more than they do right now.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It's a Catch-22. I bet the American public would care if the administration told the truth.

But since they won't -- it's the gallows!

4. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

I'm with the camp that says this isn't going to do much to hold Bush accountable for all of his BS. He's shit all over the Constitution. He's pissed on the concept of truth and justice. He's flipped boogers at almost every country on the planet.

If he isn't going to be called on the carpet for those acts, why even bother with something as trivial as this? It's time to get him in the pooper with impeachment, and the Dems are still making the bed.

Unless they intend to move quickly from this into some of the really bad shit, what's the point?

5. People, Congress can do oversight and legislatin' at the same time.
    In favct, that's what it's supposed to do.

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Impeachment should be the absolute last option, not the first one, people.

That being said, I have zero problem with them starting the fight on this particular issue. You can think it's unimportant, but jacking with the judicial system in the name of politics is a pretty important issue in my book, and certainly worth investigating.

Better than making it about a blowjob.

7. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Impeachment = President Dick Cheney.

Do we really want that? And for those of you who think Dick Danger should be impeached as well, then I hope you realize the GOP will fight to the death before we hear from President Pelosi.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

I've brought this up, before. It's why the concept is laughable -- unless things get far, far worse.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

We don't need an impeachment. We need honest-to-goodness oversight.

This is a start.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'm good with fighting to the death. Let's get going. Double secret impeachment!

Draft saved Draft deleted