1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bush caught cussin'

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mmmm_Donuts, Jul 17, 2006.

1. Mmmm_Donuts

Mmmm_Donuts Member

Is anyone as stupified as me at the coverage of this? So he said the word "shit". Who cares. CNN is running it in the top module. They are passing it off as a "frustrated expletive" over the situation in the middle east, but it's not like he said anything of any grand importance.

It's like we're all a bunch of 5th graders. ::)

2. I agree.
    Although I wish he'd finished chewing that roll before he said what he said.

3. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Yes. CNN is Beavis, MSNBC is Butthead and Geroge W. Bush just said beaver.

Uhhh, huhuh, huhuhuhuh. uhhh, huhuh.
    ::)

4. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Hey, that just makes him seem like the common 'Merican that he is. I bet this'll boost his popularity back up in the 40s!

Is there such a thing as a mild sarcasm font?

5. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I'm a bit surprised since I don't think anyone on earth should be scolded for saying the word shit. However, since the man props himself up as some disciple from god and he ran on a ticket of high handed morality, why wouldn't a big deal be made?

6. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Shouldn't this public obscenity result in a hefty FCC fine?
    I'm writing a letter!

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Because saying "shit" doesn't make you not a person of god, nor does it have anything to do with morality. If he said, "I like doing young boys in the shitter," then there'd be a reason to get worked up.

8. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Pern, had he said that, he would be considered for Catholic Priesthood. (I kid of course)

And yes, this indeed does have to do with morality. It has been hammered to no end that there are words you can and cannot say. The reason those words cannot be said is because "they are bad." As such, it is immoral.

9. Mmmm_Donuts

Mmmm_Donuts Member

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!

10. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I keep watching the video and thinking it has to be a prank.  Seven years as president, and the guy still talks with his mouth full of food....and he chews with his mouth open, in Tony Blair's face.

Guess it's better than puking on the Japanese prime minister, but still.

Gotta wonder how many heads of state will no longer speak to Bush in public places, knowing their words are being inadvertently broadcast around the world.

11. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

Considering the ridiculous apprroach the FCC is taking right now, where they're reported to be reviewing tapes of old games to try and catch the crowd yelling bullshit and fine braodcasters for it, you're darn right this is a story. If this had been live on broadcast, we're getting fined and/or threatened with license revocation.

Of course making a big deal of a word like shit's stupid, but this guy and his following are the ones eagerly whipping up this holy war on "dirty words". Think of the children, Mr. President! You should forfeit your entire year's pay!

12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

It was a photo-op. Can't he talk about thse things in private?

Draft saved Draft deleted