1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Burn Notice

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by lantaur, Aug 3, 2007.

1. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Anyone else watching this show (on USA Network)? I am hooked. One of the writers called it a modern-day Magnum P.I. (or Equalizer), and it's hard to disagree. Jeffrey Donovan is good as the lead and Bruce Campbell has the perfect role for him.

Anyway, I'm hoping others are watching as everything else new I tune into gets canceled (I'm also watching Mad Men, so beware).

2. Mira

Mira Member

Has anyone watched Damages at all? Glenn Close and Ted Danson are great, but the show reminds me of 24 or Lost -- if you miss an episode -- you're completely out of the loop.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I like Burn Notice, too.

4. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Burn Notice is setup for automatic recording in my DVR. The show has been a lot of fun.

Damages is also setup. I haven't watched the most recent episode (number 2) because the wife and I haven't been able to get the schedule in tune to watch it together.

5. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Jeffrey Donovan can't carry a show. I think Gabrielle Anwar is still hot enough that people will continue to watch to see her occasionally in ridiculously inappropriate clothing, but the show won't last.

6. lantaur

I don't think Donovan is being asked to carry the show. They've been a supporting cast around him and have good scripts. Of course, not sure of the ratings but it has been getting good reviews.

7. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

I really, really like this show. Looks like it'll be a Thursday night staple along with "The Office" and "My Name is Earl."
    It has the great ingenuity of "The A Team" or "MacGyver" along with its strong spy/action moments. I loved that he built up on the blackmail stuff on the guy who's tracking him - the rental car upgrade, the photos of him in his apartment and the new business they deposited money into. That was a nice little turnabout.

8. lantaur

The Lantaur jinx (which I was reminded of while watching burned-off episodes of Knights of Prosperity) is over. Burn Notice has been renewed.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/changing_channels/2007/08/miami-spies.html

9. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

is it me, or has Gabrielle Anwar gotten even hotter than she used to be?

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Not sure...but her hotness and the presence of the great Bruce Campbell got me to give this one a shot.

Draft saved Draft deleted