1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Burn Notice on USA

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Jun 28, 2007.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Anyone else intrigued by Burn Notice on USA?
    It debuts tonight and the always reliable Bruce Campbell has a role. The star is a relative unknown, but playing the hottie is Gabrielle Anwar
    USA has a pretty good track record of putting good, but oddball shows out there. Like Monk, which I think is one of the better things on TV, and I also like Psych.
    Burn Notice is about a spy who has been fired, Boston Herald gave it a C+.
    Here's the review:
    http://theedge.bostonherald.com/tvNews/view.bg?articleid=1008531

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm hoping it doesn't suck. The lead is a guy who has made a career of playing pricks. It should be good.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Psych is fantastic.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

After viewing it - the premise has definite potential with a two-track plot - the weekly "mystery" and his on-going attempts to find out what happened to him, similar to The Fugitive or John Doe.

5. daveevansedge

daveevansedge Member

I'd dredging this thread up from the dead. I stumbled onto this series in December, caught up on what I believe is most of it through reruns, and have stuck with it as the new season began in the past couple weeks.

I think this is a pretty cool show. It's helped me get over "The Shield" coming to an end, and the reruns are often smashed between reruns of "Law and Order," which is nicesh (as Bill Murray might say).

6. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

It's one of those for me where I've liked what I've seen but haven't gotten completely into it.

7. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I've recently started watching, too. It tip-toes the line of camp every so often, but I like it a lot. As hot as Tricia Helfer is on BSG, she's WAY hotter on Burn Notice. Also, they should change the name of the show to Sunburn Notice. I swear the makeup must melt off the red-lobster faces of the actors. Does anyone have an umbrella? I've seen some terrible, terrible burns on that show, almost to the point of distraction.

8. jps

jps Active Member

it's one I catch with the online replays - poor = no cable, dish, etc. I like it a lot, and in fact like a lot of usa network stuff, like psych and monk.

9. I like the narration by the main character, but I can't help but think that their makeup crew must have to do a lot of work to keep the camera from picking up on the buckets he must be sweating into those suits. Plus, I know she's fit and everything, but the main girl does nothing for me. She kind of creeps me out.

10. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

Are you insane!!! How do you not love Gabrielle Anwar? I've LOVED her since "Scent of a Woman" and "Things to do in Denver when you're dead".
    Simply BEAUTIFUL.

11. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I was in Miami in June 2007 and they were filming Burn Notice at the hotel next to mine. I was captivated by how hot the extras were. And by how easy it was to stand around and watch filming. I snapped this picture of the lead actor getting hit by a car during filming. It was pretty cool to watch in full speed.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I just watched two episodes. I enjoy the show but I agree "Fi" ain't all that in terms of hotness.

Draft saved Draft deleted