1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Burger King's Barbecue

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bradley Guire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

The have one of those at a Moe's near me. Woman in front of me got herself a rasberry Coke (after taking about five minutes to go through the entire process). I stepped up to the machine and got a vanilla Coke. . . . .with a lot of rasberry flavoring to go with it.

FAIL

but to the topic at hand, haven't looked for good bar-b-que since leaving the south since I don't expect to find it.

2. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

We were once gathered for a family event when someone accidentally spilled Gates and Sons Bar-B-Q sauce on my Aunt Gertie.

She was never found.

3. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

"The King" should be fed slowly into a woodchipper and his remains ignited with sap-laden pine that burns hotter for even considering for a moment to sell anything labeled "barbecue."

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Which Danielle Steele novel did that come from?

5. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Actually it comes from Flannery O'Connor's unfinished draft for A Good 'Cue Is Hard To Find

6. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

It sure seems like the King is grasping at straws, throwing a bunch of stuff at the wall and hoping something -- anything -- sticks. I'm surprised they are not offering tacos and/or spaghetti. Or maybe they are by now?

7. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

It's a temporary promotion. They all do things like this.

8. Mystery Meat II

Burger King bbq or Taco Bell shrimp?

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

That's like asking if I'd rather be poked in the scrotum with a pool cue or a fishing pole.

10. Mystery Meat II

Keep in mind not answering ensures you get both

11. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

They offered tacos a few years back. And chili. The chili was pretty good (better than Wendy's IMO), but the tacos, not so much.

12. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

I miss their Big King burgers (I think they are off the menu), basically a Big Mac but with bigger and better-quality burgers and without the middle bun.

I know it was probably ridiculously-bad for you, but I was a slave to that thing when I was first out of college, working a ton of hours and living alone.

Draft saved Draft deleted