1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bunheads

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

The new ABC Family show. Created by The People Who Brought You Gilmore Girls before Deliberately Sending It Off The Rails.

First episode was great. Second one struggled a bit until the end. Was a little more limp. But I'll watch Kelly Bishop in anything. Sutton Foster is very good as well. Think she might be prettier than Lauren Graham, but that voice has got to go.

It uses the same scene transition music Gilmore Girls did, which was a bad choice. It also depicts a town in NoCal, Paradise, as being on the ocean. It's nowhere close . . .

Still, there's something great about seeing two Tony Winners go at it. And the show is inspiring me to give Tom Waits a chance.

Sepinwall thought it was fine. So there's at least some SportsJournalists.com street cred.

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/series-premiere-review-bunheads-pilot-dance-lorelai-dance

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/review-bunheads-for-fanny-the-river-in-egypt

2. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Because of my eternal love for Gilmore Girls and Kelly Bishop and Sutton Foster, I'm giving this show a go. (Plus, I will continue to hate David Rosenthal for the abomination that was GG S7, even if it was ASP that broke up Lorelai and Luke and sent Lorelai to sleep with Christopher in the S6 finale.)

However, I must say, I totally did NOT see the twist at the end of the pilot coming. The trailers gave absolutely no indication that the show was going to go off in a twist like that. Everything seemed all peppy, even in the actual show, until the final 30 seconds of what the fuck was that? Especially loved the scene from the pilot when Fanny and Michelle go get drunk in a bar and then dance together. Kelly Bishop's still got it. I really hope this show lasts long enough to build a relationship with those two because I think it could be a fun one.

Draft saved Draft deleted