1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bunch of savages in this town

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Big Buckin' agate_monkey, Jan 13, 2008.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Not Veronica. The woman who manually masturbates caged animals is his sister.

2. If you have Clerks X, it has two commentaries.
    Clerks two has what, four? Including one that was supposed to be a podcast, which I thought was brilliant. I haven't heard of anybody else issuing a commentary for a movie while it was still in theaters.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I forgot about Clerks II. I watched that one, too, but only saw one commentary. I don't own Clerks X. I borrowed my brother's copy, and my ex-girlfriend got me the Clerks and Chasing Amy script -- autographed by Smith -- for Valentine's Day a few years ago. I'll have to go out and buy it just for those tracks.

4. Clerks X has the original commentary plus a new commentary done 10 years later, which is on the second disc with the original cut of the film.
    The third disc has a two-hour documentary about the making of the film.
    Clerks 2 has three commentaries, including the podcast commentary.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

The script I read in the book was the same as the first cut of Clerks. I finished both scripts -- Chasing Amy, too -- about the same time my parents bought my brother X. So we watched that when I went back for a college break, and I wasn't surprised by anything. It was cool.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Typical sj. com thread.

Started one page 1 with a screwed up computer in a Holiday end and I skip to page 4 and we're talking about Clerks.

Gotta love it.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Just be glad we're not talking about rim jobs and dolphin sex -- which can kill you, by the way.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Clerks reference in the thread title, so were not as far afield as we often are...

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Sorry, missed the reference. I've only seen Clerks once.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Clerks is one of those movies where seeing it at least twice should be recommended.

Draft saved Draft deleted