1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bully Gets Beatdown

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mr7134, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Anyone have any stories where they were the bully?

In fourth grade, a family from Cambodia came to our town and had to put up with racism from many small-town rubes. They were the nicest people possible and all of the kids were very smart and all ended up being very successful. I became good friends with the kid in my class. He was always being taunted and finally one day on the playground, a sixth-grader who was the biggest bully and biggest loser in school - years later he got arrested for calling in a bomb threat to the school - was trying to give me a pummeling. My friend stepped in, the bully uttered another taunt and Sam delivered a perfectly executed roundhouse kick to the face, knocking the kid to the ground. He got up and they were both in fighting position when the playground supervisor stepped in and sent them both to the office.

But we were all anticipating the fight to come. It was like in Roadhouse, when Dalton and the tough bad guy are about to go at it in the bar before the ringleader fires a gun. Unlike Roadhouse, Sam and the bully didn't meet up later, although I'm sure Sam could have torn the guy's throat out if he wanted. No one taunted Sam after that day either; all he had to do, apparently, was pull out the martial arts.

Draft saved Draft deleted