1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Buffalo Wild Wings is coming to Canada.....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Aug 29, 2010.

1. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Judging by the game results, they ALL have the trivia games.

2. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

There's a lot of variance in the BW3 experience depending on which one you go to. The older ones with older TVs aren't going to be as nice. The one where my mom lives is a newer building that was repurposed from a chain Mexican place, and it has high ceilings and more personality than most BW3s I've been to. They also have tons of HD and portable versions of those bartop video games, which is cool if you've never seen one.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I've been served undercooked wings three times at B-dubs. Not a fan at all.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Sorry, not a Cora's fan.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

That would NEVER fly here. People would go once and never go back

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

So, I guess you wouldn't pay $500 for "Season Pass" then:

7. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

The "season pass" doesn't seem like that bad of a deal if you're getting the beer/food every game.

8. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

BW3 used to have drumsticks, which were much bigger than wings, for 50 cents apiece on Wednesday. Loved 'em.

Those got phased out, wing prices steadily climbed, and none of my area BW3s have upgraded to HD screens. Too many other wing options now to stick with B-Dubs (although I will occasionally bring home a bottle of sauce. The hot BBQ is the best)

And while we're on the subject, I don't understand the fascination with Quaker Steak & Lube, a wing chain in Ohio and Pennsylvania. My friends swore by it, so we stopped there on a drive through Erie. I thought it was OK, but nothing special. They opened up a location near my house, and people around here went nuts for it. Much like in Erie, I thought it was decent, but nothing to write home about.

To each his own, I guess.

9. I'm clearly in the minority, but I think B-Dub is pretty damn good for a chain. It's sauce is fantastic, and the beer isn't too expensive. You could do a lot worse. I only go when I'm in the burbs, but for suburban eating it's good.

10. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

A new one just opened up the street. Went once with my kid at lunch time after trying to go there for dinner the second day it opened (a Tuesday) and couldn't find a place to park.
    She got teriyaki wings and liked them. I got boneless with the mild buffalo sauce and they were awful. Maybe I ordered the wrong sauce.
    But I talked with the owner because they are open until 2 a.m. Tues-Sat. That is VERY unusual for my city. Most of the places close by 9. He said he fought long and hard with the city to get the permit to stay open until 2 a.m.
    There were HD TVs everywhere. Seemed like a decent place. Not sure the food is any good.

11. Smokey33

Smokey33 Member

I'll pretty much echo what's been said. The wings used to be much better, cheaper and larger. Now half the time they're miniscule and only half covered in sauce. Not sure how a place with wings in the name can't get sauce on the wings correctly.

They do have tons of TVs and all the sports packages. But they're never any good at actually showing sports. I mean, when I go in there at midnight, whatever live games are still going on should be on TV. But instead they have poker, regional sports reports from cities 1,000 miles away and other worthless crap.

They also stopped building any in cities. All the ones built in the last 10 years seem to be way out in strip malls on the edges of metro areas. The older ones in more urban areas are much better.

They are open really late. Here it's nearly impossible to get an actual sit-down meal after 10pm, except at BW's.

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

Not only that, the servers weren't all that attractive or even well-endowed. One visit and I was sorry I went.

Considering I was married at the time to a woman with G cups, the women just didn't measure up, if you catch my drift.

Draft saved Draft deleted