1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Buffalo Wild Wings - and Heads

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Good point, as I get older, I'm less inclined to go out someplace to watch a game.

But in general it's whole 'sports bar' thing. They suck.
    If I go out with buddies to watch a game, we just go to a bar. Any place that markets itself as a 'sports bar' is 99.9% likely to suck.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Good point, as I get older, I'm less inclined to go out someplace to watch a game.

But in general it's whole 'sports bar' thing. They suck.
    If I go out with buddies to watch a game, we just go to a bar. Any place that markets itself as a 'sports bar' is 99.9% likely to suck.

4. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

Back before they really blew up and there were locations on every other corner it was my go to place to get ok enough wings and watch my out of market football team especially. I never minded it. At least you knew you could get the game there, which wasn't always the case at other places. But I'm in market now for my teams and there are better places to get that kind of food. I bet I've been less than five times over the last six or seven years. As for watching games at sports bars or whatever, I never have minded if it's the best option for seeing a game but if I can get it on TV at my house I'd never, ever choose to go out to watch something. Why is sitting at a booth or a bar with a bunch of loud people you don't know and not great views of TVs better than your recliner at your house? I guess I'm just not social like some people.

5. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

The last two times I ventured into BWW to eat, I ended up in the hospital, albeit for unrelated reasons. Still, the place spells bad karma to me. And we have a local dude, originally from Louisiana, who does wings that leave BWW in the shade. I say wings, I always get drumettes; way more meat, way less hassle.

Ace likes this.
  6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Are you all dealing with some form of limited manual dexterity or compromised hand-eye coordination?
    How difficult is it to eat a chicken wing?
    If you suffer from some form of tremors or palsy, you have my sympathy. I have a brother with Parkinson's. Luckily for him, he was never a wing guy any way.
    But for the average adult, eating a chicken wing should not be a troublesome task.

exmediahack and Fly like this.
  7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

A chicken wing is not fit for a dog to eat. In fact it's dangerous for a dog. Why should I eat it?

SpeedTchr and Vombatus like this.
  8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Dogs fall into the 'limited manual dexterity or compromised hand-eye coordination' because so many of them lack hands.

As a person, I have the physical ability to eat a chicken wing without exposing myself to any great risk of injury or death, at least not any greater than I normally face when eating.
    And I eat them because they are delicious. That is not my reason for choosing everything I eat, but it is my preferred reason for choosing what things to eat.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

As long as you are not wearing those silly, leather half-gloves while eating them, OK. You win.

On a related note, didn't this chain used to be called BW3s? What happened to the third W?

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I dropped them some time around 16 when I realized how stupid I was and that wearing those gloves was broadcasting my stupidity to world.
    As a white surburban kid in the mid-80s South Jersey, I was unlikely to happen upon an unplanned need to scratch and rock the wheels of steel.

11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Not to mention opposable thumbs.

12. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Under the list of "stupid things I shouldn't remember in my head but do," the original full name was Buffalo Wild Wings and Weck (referring to a roast beef sandwich that is also popular in Western New York). Thus the third W.

Ace likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted