1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Buddy Holly's Last Tour

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rough Mix, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

You have to click the red button to see rest of story.

Interesting part about how Buddy Holly invented the hacky sack

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Damn, I can't seem to access this Texas Monthly story because I'm not a subscriber...

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Even Bugmenot is no help. Boo!

4. lono

lono Active Member

Try this:

http://www.fiftiesweb.com/crash.htm

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Even more annoying is that I have an account with them, but I can't get to the rest of the article.

Though, maybe it isn't annoying. Maybe that's what newspapers should do. Though, I never did pay to become a subscriber and I keep waiting for an article to read that doesn't cost me money.

Hmm, no real answer here.

6. Boom_70

The site crashed

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

8. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Ultra-weird angle: They exhumed the casket of The Big Bopper to move it to a new site. While they were at it, they ordered an autopsy:

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/news/20126409.html

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

J.P. Richardson: He knew what he liked.

10. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

First, what sort of foul play could have been suspected?

Second... WTF???

Is this an Onion piece reprinted in Beaumont?

----------

Jay Richardson, the now 48-year-old son who was born weeks after the Bopper's death, was present throughout the autopsy.

The first time he ever laid eyes on his famous father came when Forest Lawn's Rodney Landry lifted the casket's lid, revealing what appeared to be a well-preserved corpse dressed in a black suit and a blue-and-gray striped tie. He wore socks, but no shoes. Most remarkably, his thick brown hair was still perfectly coiffed in his familiar, 1950s flat-top.

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

Buddy Holly carried a gun for protection.....I guess the acts on the tour were paid cash and there was lots of it that he was mainly responsible for. Anyway, the gun was found at the crash site and there was speculation that it had come out and been fired on the plane and that's what REALLY caused the crash.

It was thought that maybe the pilot, after taking off, decided the weather was just too bad to make it to Fargo, so Buddy pulled the gun to force him to continue. There has also always been an out-there theory that Buddy pulled the gun to force the pilot to fly instead to the Twin Cities so Buddy and the other performers could buy drugs there. Seriously.

12. Boom_70

If so that would make Buddy no better than Mohamed Atta

Draft saved Draft deleted