1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Buddy Bell to step aside

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by kingcreole, Aug 1, 2007.

1. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/214535.html

He and Dayton Moore don't seem to see eye to eye. Bell wanted to use Zack Greinke as closer, and Moore said Joakim Soria would move to closer. Bell said Leo Nunez earned another start after posting a 0.90 ERA in two starts, and Moore said Nunez needs more time in the minors.

I just hope Bell doesn't have cancer again.

2. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

So, it seems like Moore doesn't want Bell to manage his team. Is Moore going to do it?

All this on the heels of the shitty Octavio Dotel for Ron Mahay trade.

Maybe that was the last straw.

3. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Dayton Moore is definitely giving off a vibe saying, "My way or the highway ... buddy."

4. Platyrhynchos

Of course, it's way too early to speculate about a replacement.

Dammit. The Royals seem to be getting the corner turned, and then this crap happens.

One step forward, two steps back.

5. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Joe Girardi has turned down a few jobs lately and strangely once said one team on his list he'd like to manage was Kansas City.

6. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Interesting quote from Bell in the KC Star

"The thing is,” he said, “I can’t know what I know and keep talking to guys about next year. I can’t do that. I’d feel dirty. You know, I think the players would understand. But I can’t do that. That’s too important to me.”

7. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I hope the only cancer he's dealing with now is the Kansas City Royals organization post-Ewing Kauffman.

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Wasn't it Davies for Dotel? Not that that's any better.

9. Platyrhynchos

He wouldn't be too bad. Although a sub-.500 year in one season as a manager doesn't exactly stand out on the ol'resume.

Indeed, Moddy, it was Davies. I stand corrected.

10. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I find it impossible to believe that Buddy Bell can go two consecutive sentences without saying f-er, f-ing or some suck variation of that word. The quote had to be cleaned up. :)

11. FreddiePatek

FreddiePatek Active Member

A good day to be a Royal ... as long as you can look the other way about Moore and his ongoing lap-doggish ways with his former master. Is there any doubt the next manager is going to come from the Braves organization? Girardi doesn't have a ghost of a chance.

12. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Terry Pendleton, perhaps?

Draft saved Draft deleted