1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Buddy Bell done for season, and it doesn't look good

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by kingcreole, Sep 21, 2006.

1. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Get well Buddy.

And while PK took an all too easy shot at the Royals in his latest MMQB, I'm sure he and the rest of Red Sox nation would love to know how the mighty New-Englanders managed to lose five of their last six against KC. If they had managed to split, perhaps they'd still have a little life in the AL East race.

And get well Buddy.

2. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

My best wishes also.

As an aside, I caught the replay of the Angels broadcast on FSN West, and the announcers gave the news during the top of the ninth (when the Royals released the news). As Steve Physioc was making the announcement, Bell was walking to the mound to make a pitching change. Obviously, Bell was taking his leave after the game, but it was just weird hearing about that and at the same time seeing him out on the field conducting business like nothing was wrong.

3. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

God Bless Buddy Bell a good man, players and manager. Hope everything turns out ok.

4. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Rockies fans wish Buddy Bell well too.

5. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Buddy Bell has cancer.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=Ap0vf7jXCvGUwO3.a6yDNOIRvLYF?slug=ap-royals-bell&prov=ap&type=lgns

6. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Tissue surrounding growth was cancer-free, so keep fingers crossed.

7. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

They're saying on the Royals broadcast that he should be OK.

8. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

get well buddy

Draft saved Draft deleted