1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bubby Brister is back with the Week 6 NFL thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Do you come from a long line of hall monitors?

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

We now interrupt the sock puppet's dip into denial to remind everybody that there is actually a decent Thursday night game going in and Andrew Luck is outstanding.

Texans rally to pull within six at 27-21, but Luck responds with his third touchdown pass of the night. This one went to T.Y. Hilton, who is over 200 yards receiving in the third quarter. This game may not be a thing of beauty, but it is entertaining.

3. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

You deserved to miss that one, Houston. The FG was a dumb call, make or miss.

4. Mr. Sunshine

I'll need more details, oops. The TV in front of me isn't enough.

5. outofplace

Re: NFL Week 6

By the way, Sunday is probably the biggest Steelers-Browns game since the teams met in the playoffs in 2003 (2002 season), Cleveland's only post-season appearance since the expansion franchise arrived. Just thought this thread could use some talk about the Steelers. :)

6. outofplace

I'm not so sure about that. There was a lot of time left and that would have put the Texans within a touchdown and a field goal of taking the lead.

7. outofplace

Does talking about that play meet with your approval, Sunshine? Or should we not mention a 55-yard fumble return for a touchdown by J.J. Watt to bring the Texans within five?

So much for this being another crappy Thursday night game.

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Next up for J.J. Watt: Leading the NFL in scoring.

9. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

JJ Watt is not human.

10. Mr. Sunshine

Yeah, Watt is just amazing. I won't pass up the chance to watch a Texans game just to see if he does something ridiculous -- and he does, every week.

11. Mr. Sunshine

Love watching that guy play. He's the Michael Jordan of defensive football players.

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

There was a big thing a while back about Mike Trout hitting 20 mph while running out a triple.

Watt just hit 19.7 mph on that fumble return.

Draft saved Draft deleted