1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bubbler's most L-I-V-I-N-able place to live

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Jul 18, 2007.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Here's my story:

Living in an apartment outside downtown Frankfort. Absolute nuthouse, with plenty of people that should have been living in an institution on every fucking floor.

One night I'm at the office working on a gamer when one of our photogs says to me: "Hey, KYSW, isn't that your apartment that just came over the scanner?"

I listen to the chatter, and sure enough, something is going on at my beloved apartment and they've called the fucking fire department, the cops and a couple ambulances.

I get in my little Kia Spectra (go ahead and laugh...I got rid of it a while back) and drive the block or so down there. There were 5 firetrucks, about 20 cops and 3 or 4 ambulances sitting out front.

Come to find out, some whacknut screwjob on the first floor decided to go camping, complete with a fucking campfire in his fucking shower, in his apartment. Apparently he/she/what the fuck ever had brought in wood and brush and lit it up.

They evacuated all three buildings until they had put the fire out.

And that's not to mention the countless drug busts/fights/whatever that went on just about every week. I got to know just about every cop in the city that way, too.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I lived in a house that was converted into three apartments when I got my first job.
    A press guy from my paper lived next door and he was one strange dude.
    He was always trying to hang out with me, but I didn't really want to be friends with him since he was on probation and had just gotten out of prison.
    One night, I was in my house watching TV and him and a bunch of friends are outside. Eventually I see one of them digging around underneath the backseat and then a lot of swearing and people talking about killing each other.
    Then they knocked on my door and asked me if I had taken anything out of their car. I was able to convince them I hadn't, then they went back and searched again and found whatever it was they were looking for.

Two weeks later, press guy was arrested for cocaine possession.

3. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

KY, you drove a block?

Draft saved Draft deleted