1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bubbler survives the Towering Inferno! (or a kitchen fire in my hotel)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

There is nothing quite like being woken up at 2:30 a.m. by a fire alarm.

My presumption was that some soulless fuck pulled the fire alarm, but there was a real live fire -- kitchen fire of some sort apparently. I'm in the hotel lobby and smoke is pouring out of some room in the building. Someone's going to get fired for this ... Omaha firemen are not pleased.

I have burns over 90 percent of my body, and yes, I saved Jack Albertson, Red Buttons and some annoying-as-fuck kid by turning a steam pump with my bare hands before falling to my death.

I'm mixing fire movie metaphors and I don't give a fuck. It's late and it's cold.

Try about 8-below-zero. Some limp dick fry cook is on my shit list right about now. On the bright side, many kittens survived the night as hotel patrons could not engage in 2:30 a.m. masturbation.

2. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The march to B10K resumes. Welcome back.

4. DocTalk

DocTalk Active Member

Bubbler, I'm glad that the fire alarms worked and that you're safe. keep warm.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Waaaaaa...

What the fuck happened to the Bubbler I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? "Ooh, we're afraid to go outside the hotel room Bubbler, we might get in trouble." Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Wormer, he's a dead man! Marmalard, dead! Niedermeyer...

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    FIRE! FIRE! FIRE! FIRE! FIRE! FIRE!
    Heh heh heh heh

Glad you're like, OK and stuff.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'm nachos.

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

The fire was probably started by a chef whose favorite place is Wal-Mart.

Seriously, Bubs, glad to hear you're OK, if a little sleep-deprived and chilly.

Draft saved Draft deleted