1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brut ... by Faberge

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Football_Bat, Aug 11, 2006.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Sun Bowl gains a new title sponsor:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2545688

EL PASO -- The nation's second-oldest college football bowl game just got a new name.

The Dec. 29 Sun Bowl, which has also signed a new four-year television contract with CBS, will now be dubbed the Brut Sun Bowl, Sun Bowl Association officials said Wednesday.

Officials with Helen of Troy, the game's primary sponsor, said the seventh name change since 1986 was a natural transition given Brut's long history of commercial endorsements by such sports icons as Joe Namath, Muhammad Ali and Wilt Chamberlain.

This year's game will pit a Pac-10 team against either a Big 12 or Big East opponent.

2. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Perhaps El Paso will smell better...

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

ZING!

My uncle used to wear the stuff and it was the cheapest, vilest concoction known to man.

Ever seen the Eddie Murphy bit?

4. markvid

markvid Guest

My dad used to wear that stuff all the time...

I kid you not, if I can get a sample in a store, I give it a smell to remind me of him.

5. dog428

dog428 Active Member

I had no idea Brut was still on the market.

And I find it more than a little disturbing that sales of that shit are good enough for them to sponsor a bowl game.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I echo the sentiments of the board when I say Brut sucks.

7. markvid

markvid Guest

ARE YOU PEOPLE QUESTIONING MY FATHER'S (God rest his soul) TASTE IN COLOGNE?

:'(

8. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Um, Helen Troy is the company with the money for the sponsorship. Brut is a product of that company. Sponsoring a bowl game could help boost sagging sales.

9. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Helen of Troy is also a company local to El Paso/Juarez. Nobody reached far for this one.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

My dad wore Polo.

11. Flash

Flash Guest

Markvid, I too think of my dad when I smell Brut ...

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Not just a bowl game ...

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted