1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brussels explosions, at least 13 dead

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by franticscribe, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Odd-looking waffles.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You didn't go with the cartoon of the French flag hugging the Belgian flag?

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Sports angle: Two of professional cycling's Classics are scheduled for Belgium this week - one Wednesday and one Friday. And Belgium is scheduled to host Portugal in a friendly in Brussels one week from today.

4. RevPastor

RevPastor Member

Poverty.

5. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Eye-roll.

6. RevPastor

RevPastor Member

ok

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Did they HAVE to publicize it? These guys should just disappear. See John Favara

8. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

On the heels of the Brussels attacks, President Obama declared this: "We can and we will defeat those who threaten the safety and security of people all around the world."

I wonder how.

9. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Have we narrowed down who "those" are?

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I'm kind of surprised at the callousness of the some of posts on this thread. Seemed like the board was generally quite a bit kinder and more sympathetic when Paris was attacked. What little discussion there has been on this thread has been glib at best. I can only imagine the reaction of posters here if we saw citizens of Belgium react this way to a terrorist attack on our soil.

I saw the story yesterday on CNN.com about the arrest of the Paris attacker and how Belgian authorities had launched a manhunt to prevent a possible threat. I was saddened this morning to see the terrorists succeeded.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

12. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

What's there to say that hasn't been said? It's so sickening and repetitive to be almost farcical. Shit-brained Islamic fuckwads who are probably clinically depressed or brainwashed blow themselves up as a dual way of ending their pain and suffering and doing something "meaningful" with their crapass lives. Story at 11 .

FileNotFound likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted