1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bruins' Tim Thomas skips White House visit because he disagrees with Obama

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by NickMordo, Jan 23, 2012.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

He was. Just about died laughing when that line came up.

2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Now, this has been an unusual threadjack.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Funnily enough, went out with a woman a long time ago from Bentinck Township, Concession Four, new Elmwood. Can't remember the lot number. Second farm in.

Dief was born in Neustadt. HC & I have been there a couple of times. Good brewery.

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Funnily is an awesome word. And, yes, it is an actual word.

So are uglily and friendlily.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Some non-sensical rambling about how "the media" has driven the controversy:

http://espn.go.com/boston/nhl/story/_/id/7511785/boston-bruins-tim-thomas-says-white-house-controversy-all-media-driven

What a coward. If you're going to make a stand, own it. Don't start trying to shift the focus and lash out because people didn't react like you wanted them to react.

6. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Won't be long before Thomas isn't talking to anyone.

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Friend of mine is a music bidness bigshot here in Canuckistan and he is planning on taking in Springsteen's keynote address at SXSW in March. I told him I could give a shit what the Boss has to say about anything unless he has a guitar in his hand.

I find it frustrating to watch interviews with him, he tends to go around in circles, not say much of anything and emit that cackle of his every five seconds. He is far more eloquent on stage and record.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

He is much more eloquent and informed on the major national issues than any of the candidates of one particular political party, but then again so are most domesticated barnyard animals.

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I know this much is true.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

You did it. You had a right to do it -- though it wasn't very smart. They wrote it. Don't blame them for doing their jobs.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Maybe Thomas is angling to be the running mate for Gingrich. They seem to share the same philosophy. Like a lot of Republicans. Screw up. Get caught. Blame the media.

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

It's especially popular among the stupid and the guilty.

Draft saved Draft deleted