1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bruce Willis retiring

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Mar 30, 2022.

1. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

And so is Lethal Weapon!

[​IMG]

2muchcoffeeman and OscarMadison like this.
  2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I feel for the entire family. At least they have enough money to make his care easier.

4. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

The picture posted on Instagram by one of his daughters was sweet and heartbreaking. He's grinning the old mischievous Willis grin, giving a glimmer of who he used to be even as the family confirms his new long-term reality. As Neutral Corner noted, he has the resources to be as comfortable as possible, but it's still an awful, cruel fate for someone so young.

Liut and wicked like this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Or old. I was a caregiver for both my MIL and FIL. He kept his faculties pretty well as he declined and he died first. She was already a bit dotty and got progressively worse over the couple of years that she lasted after he died. When she'd ask "Where's Denis? Did he go to the store?" it would break my heart.

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Maybe I'll binge Moonlighting this weekend.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Opening shots ... gun ... bullets ... cassette player ... K-Swiss runners ...

8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

The writers strike ruined Moonlighting. Loved that show.

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

The best opening theme too

10. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Good on you, Neutral Corner.
    I took care of my mother. It was hard, hard, hard. Fortunately, she never became hostile. I was blessed in that regard.

wicked and Neutral Corner like this.
  11. Neutral Corner

She was a sweet old lady, and both of them had treated me very well for many years. She could get irritable, but she wasn't mean. They were both in their mid-nineties when they passed.

My little brother and his wife did it for my parents in Houston. I could do very little to help them, and I still feel guilty that I wasn't there. Family. It's what we do if we're able to..

Last edited: Feb 17, 2023
    wicked and Liut like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted