1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bruce Pearl shows off his Rocky Top

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Oz, Jan 23, 2007.

1. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Outing alert: Zeke is a former boss of mine.

(good find zeke.)

2. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Jesus, I was just thinking that. That boss seemed to seize any chance to cover that school -- didn't matter that they weren't really in the coverage area.

3. Chef

Chef Active Member

Hopefully, not very..........EUREKA!

4. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Hey, think Jim Calhoun will do this at UConn next week?

5. Chef

Chef Active Member

Torre Johnson went to JUCO here for 2 years......
    Unbelievable athlete........6'7 + huge wingspan + hops for days.
    Dumb as a bucket of shit, but since he's going back home to Milwaukee, that should help a lot.

6. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

You're right, he did love him some Erskine; I wonder if she dated the baseball coach or something, or was the press box moderator. The truth shall set you free.

7. Having watched Torre play here, I can report he is a great offensive talent, but I think he's allergic to defense. He could be a great player at that level, because nobody in the Big 12 could guard him.

8. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Yeah, I can see your point. Jeter seems to have the personality of a painted wall.

9. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

I won't mind that one bit.

But back to Pearl, as disturbing as that was, how great is it to see a coach of a major program like Tenn. display so much heartfelt passion and support for both his school and other sports. As crazy as this may sound, I think that's one of the classier things we've seen in a while in college hoops. Not sure if "classier" is the best word, but it was the first one that popped in my head. Now I'm going to soak my memory in bleach to get rid of Pearl's man-boobs.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Actually, if you do a Google images search for women's basketball coach, hers is the first photo that appears.

God Bless You, Google.

11. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Jeter is getting better at it ... his radio appearances are much more frequent and colorful this year compared to last. He just doesn't have the P.T. Barnum in him that the city of Milwaukee saw and loved in Bruce Pearl.

Didn't help things that last season got off to a rocky start with four returning seniors from a Sweet 16 team, however, they were learning a new system. By the end of the season, they were just as good -- if not better -- than the Sweet 16 team. That's because the players bought into the swing offense and Adrian Tigert became a beast in the post. Probably would've returned to the Sweet 16 had they not run into a hot Florida team.

This year, they are the most inexperienced team in Division I ... and their record against a monster schedule showed it at the start. Still, the idiot fans were grumbling how Jeter was worthless and that he benefited from Pearl's players last season. No one would argue that he didn't. However, even a major team that lost the amount of talent and experience UWM lost would struggle. Factor in it is a mid-major with a coach only beginning to get "his" type of players in ... no way people shouldn't have expected the struggles.

You don't hear much complaining now that they are 4-4 in conference (plus taking Butler to the wire) with a good chance to be 7-4 at this time next week. Jeter is working ... I just wish I could fast-forward to next season already.

12. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Oooooh, and she's a MILF, too. Rowr!

On the topic of who we don't want to see painted up, can't believe nobody's thrown Charlie Weiss out there, yet. On the hoops side: (a little dated, but) Rick Majerus. Ashley Judd will be unavailable for comment.

Draft saved Draft deleted