1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bruce Bochy, Hall of Famer?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Tarheel316, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Bochy has to be in the mix now.

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Ralph Houk has more wins, a better winning percentage and the same number of World Series titles.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

That's been one of the many joys of the Giants' postseason runs in 2010 and 2012, watching Bochy match wits with the likes of Bobby Cox, Charile Manuel and Jim Leyland and come up aces every time.

4. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I think it's only a matter of time.

He's borderline right now and only 57. He's got another decade easy if he wants, and that would put him over 2,000 wins.

14 managers have won just two titles. Eight aren't in the Hall and then France Chance is helped out by his time as a player.

22 managers have more wins -- 14 are in the hall. Those that aren't are LaRussa, Cox, Torre, Mauch, Piniella, Leyland, Houk and Baker.

5. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I'm not saying he should be in, but I find it interesting that Houk can't even get on the final ballot from the veterans committee compared to some of the other managers they've nominated.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Bruce Bochy's a 7.

Only 8s and above get in the HOF. :)

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Career under .500 until about two months ago.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I just wish Bochy was managing the Giants during the 2002 World Series meltdown. It usually takes a lot for me to freak out over a sporting event, but that Game 6 certainly qualified.

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

Call me in 10 years. Right now, no and wish these kind of threads would end.

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

He can go in next week with Buster Posey. And Buster Olney.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

As a lifelong Giants fan, I am just still stunned beyond belief that they've won two titles in the last three years...

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Bochy was handicapped by being the manager of several decimated Padres teams. Players do love him, and he does have the two titles. Not yet, but he does have time.

Draft saved Draft deleted