1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brothers freak out NYC reporter on live TV

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by TheSportsPredictor, Jul 28, 2006.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

This is HILARIOUS:

Two brothers are demonstrating how you can easily steal a bike with a grinder when one of the brothers pretends he has his throat cut. Reporter Jodi Applegate goes nuts. She's more angry than if she just heard that Al Franken had spit on President Bush.

Great thing about it is that the "throat cutting" and "blood" are as evident as the Invisible Woman. The special effects in Silent Night, Deadly Night were more believable. And Jodi and the anchor are acting like every child watching (a child is going to be watching this show?) will be traumatized for life.

2. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

That's rather amusing. :)

3. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Not sure which was more lame -- the faked injury (was there blood?) or Jodi's over-the-top reaction.

They're JERKS!!!! ::)

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

that was so extreme, man!!! 8) 8) 8)

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I liked her reaction. The guys were dweebs and she wasn't fooled for a second. Kinda wish she had taken the saw to them.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I can't believe that was on live TV. The second anchor's response was over the top, where she says her 4-year-old nephew watches the show all the time and he gets scared by things like that that were so "grotesque". What was so grotesque about a guy falling down pretending to get his throat slit and then promptly standing up and showing everything is fine?

7. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

I thought it was funny.
    And also: "We're trying to do something serious here." Um, showing people how to steal bikes?

8. BillySixty

BillySixty Member

Am I the only one that thought the reporter handled it the best she could? How would you feel if someone gave you a bunch of fake quotes?

It wasn't even that funny. The guys look like morons.

Although the scene back in the studio was a bit over the top.

9. Joe Bloggs

Joe Bloggs Member

I'm with Bill on this. I think Jodi's getting too much criticism. Maybe it looked worse from where she was standing, and its always better to overreact than underreact. Those guys were idiots. If you're asked to go on the news, don't go trying to create a fake "Jackass" moment.

And yes, there's a fine line between the segment being a "how-to" for stealing bikes vs. showing bike owners how easy their bikes can be stolen.

10. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Seriously... she should be suspended for showing these same "kids who watch the show" how to steal a bike.

Bitch.

11. PTOWN

PTOWN Member

TV people are scum and deserve shit like this to happen to them everyday. Maybe the reporter should have done a little more investigating before putting these two boobs on LIVE TV. What a hack.

12. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

WOULD hit it. (The black girl, too.)

Draft saved Draft deleted