1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Brothers and Sisters"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shotglass, Oct 10, 2006.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Is anyone else watching this? It might actually be the best new show I've seen this year. Three episodes ... and each one was better than the one before. Last night's was stunningly good.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I thought this was a thread about Arkansas. Carry on.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

Funny, asshole. :)

4. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Yes, I'm watching. And yes, it's very good.

The best new show, I don't know. There are some pretty good new shows out there this year -- Studio 60, Kidnapped, Heroes, The Nine -- but it definitely rates very high on the list.

As I said on another thread, the fact that Sally Field has done so very little over the past several years is an absolute crime. She's carrying this show. Her little outburst at the dinner party was great ... and completely unexpected. I mean, I had an idea that she knew about the affair, but damn.

5. Beer_Baron

Beer_Baron Member

Is the acting good? Sure. But it seems to me that, to this point, they try to put at least one "Emmy clip" in every segment (ad break to ad break) of the show. Just seems like they are trying too hard...

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

It's pretty much the only new show I've watched, and I'm really enjoying it. It also helps that I have Sunday nights off these days.

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Those 20 seconds floored me as much as any scene I've seen lately.

Trying too hard? May seem that way to some. All I know is that there are eight main characters (the brothers, sisters, mom, uncle and "widowed" mistress), and each one has a story line established that I care about. That's not easy to pull off.

8. GoZags!!

GoZags!! Member

Agree, agree, agree.
    Really enjoying this show.

9. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

The only weak link is Flockhart, which is too bad, because she gets the most screen time.
    Don't believe she actually does that job she does, don't believe the boyfriend, still can't figure out, or why, why she and Sally Field hate each other so much. The rest of the cast is superb.

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I'll be the first to admit that I've always liked Callista Flockhart a little more than their acting prowess deserves. ;)

11. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

OK, if you're into skinny sticks whose bones gnash and break when you try to give 'em a hug.
    You're the enemy :)

12. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

"Ballscribe.... why did it have to be ballscribe?"

"Ballscribe, get off my plane!"

"May the Force not be with you, ballscribe"

"My wife was killed by a one-armed ballscribe."

Draft saved Draft deleted