1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

British troops to leave Iraq

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Ellis Redding, Feb 20, 2007.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

And leave it in the mess it's in? That's not very good stewardship, right?

2. What can we possibly do to fix it? Isn't staying just delaying the inevitable, plus spending an extra $100 billion and costing the lives of a 1,000 or so more troops?

3. We can't do anything to fix it. We are no longer an honest broker anywhere else in that part of the world. What we can do, here, is hold responsible the idiots who launched this mess, and everyone who enabled them.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Just leave and say, "fuck it?"

5. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

6. markvid

markvid Guest

Which would be both Dems and Repubs.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

How much do you want to spend to "referee" a civil war?

8. crustacean

crustacean Member

Dems and Repubs??? Really?

I'd love to see anyone try and argue that this clusterfuck of a war would've been started with Al Gore as president.

Washing your hands on starting a war -- or attempting to wash your hands on starting a war -- is not the same thing as executing it while quashing legitimate intell that screamed, "Stay the fuck out!"

9. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

[​IMG]
    I'm ready

P.S. Check out the guns!

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

or better yet, ask yourself, why, if a hostile country was going to come in and bomb the shit out of my country, kill thousands of innocent women and children and then hang my ass, why i wouldn't use weapon of mass destruction on hostile country forces?

how does that one work out for ya, chief?

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

Apparently they won't be leaving before someone has the opportunity to ask, "Is Harry On The Boat?" (if you're not familiar with British TV, you likely won't get the reference)

http://www.thestar.com/News/article/184584

LONDON – Prince Harry, third in line to throne (sic), will be deployed to Iraq, Britain's Defence Ministry announced Thursday.

His regiment, the Blues and Royals, is expected to go to Iraq this spring, and he could become the first royal to see combat since his uncle, Prince Andrew, served in the Falklands War against Argentina in 1982.

Harry, a second lieutenant, has expressed his desire to serve alongside his comrades in Iraq, saying that there was "no way" he was going to undergo rigorous training and then stay away from the battlefield. He graduated last year from the Royal Military Academy at Sandhurst.

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Some folks really want to forget about Daddy's Redemption, but the reminder wakes up at
    1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, every morning. It's your baby, babies.

Draft saved Draft deleted