1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bristol (Va.) Herald Courier

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Diabeetus, Aug 13, 2007.

1. RobCrotch

RobCrotch New Member

Uh yeah, I didn't need you to confirm what I said. Bartee's going back to school full time.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Whatever you say, slick. Enjoy your preps beat.

EDIT: That wasn't meant to denigrate all you fine preps folks out there. Just him. Besides, you never said the name of the guy who left. I did.

3. RobCrotch

RobCrotch New Member

Alienating more than half of the forum members, pure genius. Congratulations on feeling better because you posted the name of a guy that 90 percent of the forum readers do not know.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Wasn't alienating any of them. Many here know me, and know I have nothing against preps or the people who cover them. And it's more than 90 percent. I'd say 99.9 percent of the people here don't know who Seth is. I was just asking a question and instead of waiting for an answer, I got the answer on my own. You're the one who came back with a snide comment. I simply responded in kind.

Enjoy your fine career, though. You're really going places.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

You guys take it to PM and have a happy STFU day, OK.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

OK, Moddy. I'm happy to stick to the topic.

7. Batman/Joker

Batman/Joker New Member

anything on this one?

8. melock

melock Well-Known Member

When can you start?

9. A candidate is flying in to interview this weekend, and Bristol appears to be very high on him. A decision could come this week.

10. Moderator1

El Pipeline delivers:

Brian T. Smith of the Vancouver (Wash.) Columbian just accepted the East Tennessee State beat at the Bristol (Va.) Herald Courier.

His job in Vancouver is expected to be filled quickly, and would be a good one for a young guy out of college or with limited experience. Brian's old job is a prep writer with some desk duties, but he also did a lot of stuff with the Portland Beavers and did a LOT of enterprise work. So it's a good job for somebody looking to get some good clips and move on to something better.

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I don't know Brian, but congrats. And color me envious.

12. Moderator1

Vancouver is close to making a very good hire.

Draft saved Draft deleted